7.02.2009

12 more days until Gavin's due date...

Gavin's baby book had a space for mommy and daddy to each write him a letter. Here is my letter:
Dear Gavin,
We have spent every minute of the last 38 weeks together, just you and me. It seems like just yesterday I found out that I was no longer one person, but two. I've spent so many moments of my life daydreaming about the day I would have a child of my own. I never dreamed that God would bestow the blessing of a child upon me so soon in life.

Over the last 38 weeks, I've spent so many precious, irreplaceable moments with you, my little night owl. I love to sit for hours and watch you roll around and kick my belly. I've spent over 250 days wondering what you look like and what your personality is like. Some days, I can't imagine waiting another day to meet you. At the same time, I'm extremely sad that our time being just us is almost over. As difficult as pregnancy is, I will miss every second I've spent with you, my beautiful son, tucked safely inside me.

As the moment draws close when I must share you with the world, I'm so excited for everyone to meet the love of my life, my little Gavin. As you enter the world, you will be greeted with the most sincere warmth and love any little boy could ask for. You have so many friends and family eagerly awaiting your arrival. Know that I will always love you and be here for you, Gavin. I am beyond elated to finally meet you and hold you. I'm so proud that I get to spend the rest of my life being your mother.

Love Always,
Your Mama

belly at 38 weeks

compared to 29 weeks...





No comments:

Post a Comment